Not your traditional accelerator
A comprehensive accelerator program that goes above and beyond
The Dcode42 program provides a select group of companies access to a huge network of potential partners and customer, incredible mentorship, hands-on sessions strategic planning, one-on-one sessions with government experts, and everything necessary for success.
Participant companies are guided through the maze of acronyms, requirements, and regulations of the government. We make "going government" not just a reality, but a no-brainer. Even better, coming to D.C. is not required: companies can join us at Dcode42 headquarters in the heart of Washington or participate virtually.
We're not just for startups: companies of all sizes who want to break into the federal market are invited to apply.
Learn more about how the Dcode42 program can help your company break into the government market
Plan and Implement
Bid and Win
Government speaks an entirely different language filled with acronyms and industry terminology that you have to know. Get up to speed quickly with our comprehensive classes covering essential government topics such as:
• Acquisitions / FAR
• Sales and Marketing
• Contract Management
• IT Project Management
• Proposal Writing
• Security, Privacy, 508 Compliance, and Other Government IT Requirements
Team and Network
Unlike in the private sector, partnering and teaming with other businesses is critical to survival. Building a strong network of large prime contractors, small businesses, and specialized government professional services is the only way to succeed in the government space. With our program, you’ll enjoy:
• Memberships to industry organizations and events
• Speaking engagements and booths at conferences
• Network of prime contractors
• Network of small businesses (HUBZone, 8a, Woman-Owned, SDVOSB, and small disadvantaged businesses)
• Access to our government relationships built over the past 15 years
The government’s requirements are specific and unique, and they must be met for your product to compete in this market. Our team of experts will assess your technology and advise you on the following:
• Security / FIPS Compliance
• Enterprise Architecture
• 508 / Accessibility Compliance
• UX / UI
• Data Collection / Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Policies
Plan and Implement
Government-focused business strategies have unique characteristics different from other industries. Our hands-on approach ensures that you have a tailored strategy that you own and believe in.
• Government marketing strategy and implementation
• Government pipeline development
• Graphics, website modifications, and content development support
• Resource planning
• Channel and partner strategy with channel stand up
• Pricing strategy development and implementation
• Series A or B pitch deck development support
Bid and Win
Government proposals require a specialized format, one very different from the commercial market. We break down a major barrier to entry by making your product accessible to the government through the appropriate contract vehicles.
• Contract vehicles including GSA Schedule 70, SEWP 5 and other GWACS (we warned you about acronyms!)
• Registration in System for Award Management (SAM)
• Proposal writing support
• Teaming strategy
• Pricing strategy
• Customer kickoff meeting and initial planning support
Understanding government requires the services of professionals with highly specialized knowledge and skills. Engaging lobbyists, government accountants, and other specialists is very costly and can be unattainable for many companies entering the space, yet can prove instrumental in a company’s longer-term success. We provide special discounted access to a network of some of the most reputable government-related services, including:
• DCAA certified accountants
• Government PR Firms
• Facility Security Officers (FSO)
• GovWin Tool
• CRM Tools
Dcode42 participants enjoy an array of benefits that complement the program, such as:
• Dcode42 Collaboration App
• Discounted fitness center memberships
• Admission to both public and member-only Dcode42 events
• Discounts with Uber, UPS, local restaurants and shops, and other services
• Reception services and administrative support
• A Washington, D.C. office address
• A spot in the Collaboration Lab
Don’t worry about spending money and resources hiring a full staff of government support if you aren’t ready yet. Program graduates can choose to let us service their government arm in part or in whole until they are prepared to hire their own staff.
More importantly, when you win that first big government contract, we can help make sure you can scale up your team right away!
Learn more about post-graduation support.
As a member of the Dcode42 program, your company will have a reserved desk in our Collaboration Lab, a sleek, modern office space situated just one block from the White House.
But even if you can’t apply for our full program yet, you can still work with us. Ask about our Collaboration Lab Leasing “space plus” option—it includes office space, a free 2-hour consultation with our team, and limited access to some of our program offerings--such as events at our offices!
What's next? Learn about what happens at graduation and beyond.